Myopic astigmatism

By anusha

Hello doctor,

My brother of age 20 being diagnosed for myopic astigmatism right more than left from 10 years and using contact lenses .

what kind of treatment does he need
can it be cure with surgery
what kind of surgery does he need


Thanks for your Question

Many people have this condition and there are many options of treatment such as lasik, PRK, Epi-lasik, Lasek, Phakic Intraocular lens and clear lens extraction with intraocular lens implant.

The best treatment option depend on the severity of myopia and astigmatism, ocular examination and corneal topography which is image of the cornea that can determine the thickness and the shape of the cornea. Thin cornea is contraindication for lasik surgery.

Add new comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Files must be less than 8 MB.
Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg.
Enter the characters shown in the image.