Side Effects of Lumigan Eye Drops
Lumigan eye drops and all other prostaglandins analogues share the same side effects, but it is not necessary that all patients on these medications will suffer from these side effects:
• Color changes of the iris, especially in lighted color iris like green and blue. It will darken to more brown.
• Over growth of eyelashes and also darkening of them. Another prostaglandins analogues called Latisse is used mainly for the growth of Eyelashes
• Red eye due to conjunctival hyperemia.
• Irritation and burning sensation.
• Photophobia or light sensitivity.
• Aggravation of dry eye symptoms.
• Increase intraocular inflammation in susceptible patients like patients with intraocular surgery, patient with history of uveitis and patient with diabetic eye disease.
• Macular edema which is collection of fluid in the retina and occur more in patients with diabetic retinopathy and aphakic and pseudophakic patients.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medication, please read drug facts sheet that is provided with the medicine or consult your eye doctor.