Acuvue Oasys For Presbyopia

Acuvue Oasys For Presbyopia

Acuvue Oasys For Presbyopia​




Acuvue Oasys For Presbyopia is multifocal contact lenses with silicone hydrogel material. It can be used as replacement or alternative for reading glasses for people with presbyopia. It has the advantages of being disposable lenses at a reasonable price and with wide range of near prescription powers.



Features of Acuvue Oasys For Presbyopia Lenses


1-Senofilcon A. These lenses are made of special type of silicon hydrogen material that is called Senofilcon A. This material can allows up to 98% of oxygen to reach the front part cornea and so it help in preventing corneal hypoxia.

For this reason, it was approved by FDA for extended wear (continuously up to 6 nights). These lenses have 62% Senofilcon A while the remaining 38% is water.

2- Acuvue Oasys with Hydraclear Plus. This is a moisture rich wetting agent that helps to keep the lens smoother and more wettable, resulting in clear and soft lens with smooth blink even in challenging environments.



3- Stereo Precision Technology. This unique multifocal technology makes acuvue oasys for presbyopia suitable for all distances; near, intermediate and far. This technology is provided by two important factors The first one is aspheric back surface of the lens which will help to eliminate glare and ghosting under various lighting conditions and the second one is the five concentric rings of alternating distance and near zones that allow for a wide range of clear vision.

4- Diameter is 14.3mm.

5- Base curve is 8.4mm.

6- Powers range from +6.0 Diaptors to -9.0 Diaptors.

7- Replacement schedule is either Daily or extended. Daily can be up used  to 2 weeks with daily removing and cleaning while Extended contact lenses can be used continuously up to 6 days and then replaced with new one pairs. This type of lens is FDA approved for overnight wear, up to six nights.



8- These multifocal contact lenses have the Highest protection against UV-A and UV-B available in any contact lenses. It blocks up to 100% of UV- B and 96% UV-A. These lenses are build with UV-absorbing material or  monomer called Benzotriazole which is used to block UV radiation.

Although these lenses block the transmission of UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye, they can't replace the UV-absorbing sunglasses or goggles because these lenses do not cover the whole eye and surrounding area completely.

9- To make the lens more visible for handling, it is tinted blue using Reactive Blue Dye #4.



Login or sign up to comment