Bump on the inner upper eyelid



Submitted by Idyf1024 on Fri, 03/27/2020 - 02:09
Did you perform any surgery for the eyes?
Do you suffer from pre-existing illnesses in the eye?
Do you suffer from any diseases in the body?
Do you use any eye drops?


Do you use any eye drops?





I have allergies in the eyes that produces stringy mucus in my eyes which I often remove with tissue or qtip because its bothersome in the eye.

Before these stringy mucus is produced, its usually preceded by a VERY awful itch in my eye and I developed a bad habit of rubbing to get relief.

A few times I must have rubbed too much, it felt like there was a rough bump on my inner upper eyelid (inner corner of the eye)— its always the right eye— and i figured it just must be a little swelling that is scratching my eyeball inside my upper eyelid from all the rubbing.

It usually goes away the next day when I sleep it off. Today though after a very itchy episode on my right eye again, I was able to flip my inner upper eyelid to see if there is anything there and there is a fleshy looking tail-bump covered in thick stringy mucus which i took out with a qtip.

My other eye didn't have it but I figured maybe because that one wasn't itchy and I hadn't been rubbing it.

What is it though? Is it some sort of swelling from the rubbing or the allergy? Its the first time I've seen it and I think it’ll go away once my eye has calmed down/rested from the itch and rubbing. My allergies get triggered by cat fur (i think) or maybe just dust.







Thanks for your Question

Most likely this is a chalazion that is ruptured through the inner part of your upper eyelid. The best thing is to visit an eye doctor to remove it before it gets infected. Meanwhile try to use lubricant eye drops and antibiotics eye drops such as tobramycin eye drops.

It is not healthy to keep rubbing your eyes. Itchy eye can be caused by dry eye syndrome, blepharitis or allergic conjunctivitis of the eye and there are overlaps between the symptoms of these causes. The treatments of these conditions are different from each other so you should be examined by an eye doctor to determine the cause of itchy eyes.



Bump on the inner upper eyelid