Need help for my son's eye



Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 03/27/2013 - 03:14
United States
Did you perform any surgery for the eyes?

Glaucoma Surgery

Do you suffer from pre-existing illnesses in the eye?


Do you suffer from any diseases in the body?
Do you use any eye drops?
Do you wear Contact lenses or Eyeglasses?

Glasses and Contact Lenses





My question is not for me but my son who is 35 years old ,he had a Glaucoma Surgery when he was 17 for one eye then at 18 for his both eye . Anyhow right now his left eye is red and sore , when i asked why his doctor said because his contact lenses for that eye has a scratch in it and his eye got sore from that .

He keeps using the contact lenses back in or he has a infection in his eye because it is still red and sometimes weeping ? He won't listen and get's mad at me when i ask him too go too the DR .

I would like too get him something too make his eye well! and get him some new eye glass'es ! what do you think i can get done?

Please give me answer for my son ! i would like too help him some how with his eye ? i dont know if i can get him too go too a eye Dr he doesn't have the funds for it right now ! so if i and my  husband can do something to get his eye healed by a eye Dr i can . I am hoping that you can mention maybe drops and a way for us too get him new glasses.

Thank You




Thanks for your Question

First of all you should use artificial tears such as Systane for contacts. Use some antibiotics eye drops such as oflox eye drops of phenical eye drops but in USA any antibiotic should be prescribed by a doctor.  

He should visit an eye doctor to measure the intraocular pressure because you said he has glaucoma in both eye s and when the intraocular pressure is high the eye is red and painful.

For eyeglasses you can visit any optometrist.